Hemascein®, a non-luminol formulation, is designed to qualitatively reveal latent bloodstains at a crime scene.
This easy to use non-luminol formulation has highest DNA recovery of any luminol containing reagents such as Luminol, Bluestar or Lumiscene. Hemascein does not require complete darkness in ambient light as other reagents do and you can visualize it as long as 10 minutes. Read more
Highest DNA Recovery, Does Not require darkness and Reaction illuminates as long as 10 minutes.
- Kotaro Yamagishi, Kazuhiko Tsukada, Akihiro Kato, Yuzo Shiozawa, Masamitsu Ichioka. Effectiveness of New Bloodstain Preliminary Examination Reagent. Japanese Forensic Science and Technology (JAFST). 2011
- Peter Bilous, Marion Fossum, Cassandra Hallmark. Blood Enhancement Reagents, Luminol, Bluestar®, Fluorescein, and Hemascein™ : a quantitative comparison of properties essential for crime scene investigations. Presented at IAFS Meeting, September 2011, Portugal.
- Detective Lieutenant JP Sinclair. Hemascein® Experience. Vermont State Police. 2011.
- Sergeant Larry Barksdale, Martin Matsoff. Bloodstains As Evidence. A Field Manual. 2011.
- Peter Bilous, Ph.D, Marie McCombs, Matt Sparkmon, Jenn Sasaki. Detecting Burnt Bloodstain Samples with Light-Emitting Blood Enhancement Reagents. Presented at American Academy of Forensic Science Meeting (AAFS) 2010.
- Cassandra Hallmark, Peter Bilous, Ph.D. Light-emitting Blood Enhancement Reagents: A Comparison Study in the Detection of Burnt Bloodstains. 2010.
- Sergeant Larry Barksdale. Hemascein® : Discovery and Testing of Human Blood. Lincoln Police Department.
- Son Bu-Nam, Lim Si-Keun, Park Jung-Gi, Jung Sung-Hee. Validation of a novel latent bloodstain detection kit Hemascein. Gyeonnam Provincial Police Agency, Scientific Investigation Section and National Institute of Scientific Investigation, DNA Analysis Department.
- Morgan Cheyne. Illiminating Latent Blood Application Methods, Fixatives, Alternatives and New Formulas for Luminol (2012)